The AT&T Ability ERG is extremely pleased to announce the 18 winners of our 2019 scholarship program! Every year this scholarship is open to high school seniors and college undergraduate students and is awarded based upon a number of criteria – an essay on questions concerning the disabled community, academic credentials, extracurricular activities, leadership, awards and achievements, and work experience. As in past years, many more were deserving than our budget allowed. Please join us in congratulating these 18 very deserving $1,000 award winners!
|Name||Home||High School or University||Major / Minor|
|Ms. Emily Ferguson||Hoschton, GA||Clemson Life||Certificate of Postsecondary Education|
|Mr. Connor Campbell||Rancho Santa Fe, CA||University of Alabama Birmingham||Neuroscience|
|Mr. Vishva Natarajan||Norcross, GA||Norcross High School||Biology|
|Ms. Rosa Azzato||Harrisburg, PA||Central Dauphin High School||Occupational Therapy|
|Ms. Kathryn Rohe||Coppell, TX||University of Oklahoma||Marketing|
|Mr. Albert Liu||St. Louis, MO||Emory University||Neuroscience and Behavioral Biology|
|Mr. Lonnie Easley||Cordova, TN||Houston High School||Biomedical Science|
|Ms. Jennifer Lim||Cypress, CA||John F. Kennedy High School||Mathematics|
|Ms. Shannon Harty||Plainfield, IL||St. Ambrose University||Elementary/Special Education|
|Ms. Lucy Gibbons||Eau Claire, WI||Memorial High School||Psychology|
|Ms. Kaitlin Balasaygun||Freehold, NJ||Freehold High School||Fine Arts/Photography|
|Ms. Rylee Clinton||Fort Worth, TX||Abilene Christian University||Elementary Education|
|Mr. Donnie Minor||Naperville, IL||Waubonsie Valley High School||Digital Media/Journalism/Broadcasting|
|Ms. Reshmika Mansukhani||Sacramento, CA||Inderkum High School||Business Management|
|Ms. Erica Lofton||Milwaukee, WI||University School of Milwaukee (HS)||Political Science / Art|
|Ms. Armaan Verma||Cumming, GA||South Forsyth High School||Biology|
|Ms. Emily Huang||Holmdel, NJ||High Technology High School||Chemical Engineering|
|Ms. Cassandra Post||Roswell, GA||Roswell High School||International Affairs/French/Economics|
Do you have an immediate family member (high school senior or college undergraduate) who is attending or planning on attending an undergraduate degree program in 2020? If so, you should make them aware of the Ability Scholarship Program. Applications will be opening again in late 2019.
Questions about the application process can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The application consists of providing an official school transcript, information about extra-curricular activities, employment and achievements/awards, and an essay (choice of 2 – 500 word recommended length).
- Information about extra-curricular activities, employment and achievements/awards can include both high school and college years.
- High School applicants also need to provide either an acceptance letter from a college OR a letter from a HS guidance counselor simply stating that the applicant intends to attend college in 2019.
- Letters of recommendation are NOT required nor considered in the evaluation process.
- Transcripts MUST be OFFICIAL – applicants providing UNOFFICIAL transcripts will be disqualified from consideration.
- HS seniors taking dual enrollment classes ONLY need to provide an official HS transcript, not any from a college – the HS transcript should show the dual enrollment classes and their associated grades.
- Applicants must approve a release authorizing Ability to use the applicant’s name on the Ability website and in the Ability newsletter.
The above requirements may vary prior to the launch of the next scholarship application process.